All our activities take place in a natural environment, near the ski resort of Font Romeu, in the Eastern Pyrenees. Whether you are with family or friends, athletic or not, you will find an activity that suits you
The Baptism for a quiet ride, an introduction to driving a team if you like sliding and looking for the first sensations, a weekend for a more complete immersion in the world of mushing, a little mushers session for your children ...
Driving a 1 hour or a half-day: you drive your own team.
The ALASKAN TEAM sled dog base is located in FONT ROMEU, on the Nordic site of “Airelles”. We move on a vast wooded plateau between 1950 and 2200 m altitude.
After a time devoted to the presentation of the material and the technique of the sled, you drive your team of 3 to 4 dogs of the Alaskan-husky breed.
Your musher will share with you his passion for the mountains and this new sport of "mushing".
Sleigh driving is a sliding sport and requires a sense of balance and sliding (Skiing required / very easy for even beginner skiers). Children from 12 years old
We offer 2 levels:
“Initiation” hitch driving
- 30 minutes of briefing and 30 minutes of driving
- This is the first level for learning to drive your sled.
- With 3 dogs on a groomed track, you alternate ascents and descents on a course of about 4 km.
- You will learn on a groomed track to skate on the climbs, control a turn, a slope, and control your speed on the descents.
Maximum number of participants: 4 people, 1 person per sled no passenger in the sled.
Price: 90 €
"Improvement" hitch driving
- 30mn briefing and 1:30 to 2:00 of driving.
- To access the improvement level we advise you to respect the progression levels.
- Hiking with 3 to 4 dogs on a groomed trail then off-piste for 1:30 to 2:00.
- Hilly course, at altitude (good physical condition required), skating uphill, downhill support, braking downhill in all types of snow, all types of turns, on hard or soft snow in all conditions - rain, snow, and wind.
A maximum number of participants: 4 people, 1 person per sled no passenger in the sled.
Price: 130 €
- Hours from December to the end of March:
- initiation: departures 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- improvement: departure 9 am
- Registration by reservation